Audio - Video Switcher

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Mike Coady, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Mike Coady

Mike Coady Agent

My son has a 36" tv that doesn't have enough inputs to handle everything he wants to hookup (2 vcrs, dvd, and 2 video game systems). I have never tried a audio-video switcher before so can anyone reccommend a unit? Would it be advisable to get a remote unit or just stay with mechanical? Thanks!

Mike

2. Grant B

Grant B Producer

A passive unit doesn't require power and most have at least 4 inputs. That might be ideal.
    If you want to be a real nice Dad most AV recievers would work and he would get surround sound to boot.You would need speakers on top of that.
    Stay away from bargin basement quality but I am sure an after Xmas sale might get you a great bargin.

3. Nathan*W

Nathan*W Screenwriter

Nathan
    [​IMG]
    A/V Switcher

Works with any remote control. They also have a manual one that's cheaper, and one that's cheaper yet w/o S-Video.

4. Mike Coady

Mike Coady Agent

Thanks Guys! I had thought about Radio Shack but didn't how good of quality they would be, I will check it out.

5. ChipH

ChipH Auditioning

Look at the RCA VH920. It can be switched by your remote (it will learn the signals). It has received several positive reviews.

6. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    I've had real good luck with JVC switchers. They always have stuff like record outs which most of these little inexpensive ones don't have. You should eyeball their current models. Feliz ano neuevo![​IMG]