What's new

Audio Video Setup Question (1 Viewer)

Uriel

Auditioning
Which setup will render best video/audio quality, running them through a preamp first and then into the TV or directly into the TV and then only th sound out to the preamp? I have a Hitachi 53UWX10B and a Denon AVR-3200.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i think most people will say that it is better to run the video directly to the tv. that way, the signal doesn't have to go through another component (receiver) before getting to the tv. there's some gray area regarding the really hi-end receivers though.
since i don't run component cabling and (for family sake) it's simpler to run everything through the receiver, that's what i do.
if i were you, i'd just do a test. run the cabling one way, then the other and see if you notice a difference.
------------------
You step in the stream,
But the water has moved on.
This page is not here.

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Uriel,
As Ted said, most will probably recommend skipping the receiver connection when possible. If you don't have multiple video sources, I would say a direct connection is preferrable. However, if you have multiple video sources and limited inputs on your TV, the receiver can be a nice solution.
------------------
sig.jpg

[Edited last by Jason Merrick on October 01, 2001 at 09:45 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks