Audio Video Interiors magazine

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ross Douglas, Jul 15, 2002.

1. Ross Douglas

Ross Douglas Auditioning

Hi, Can anybody give me any information on the above magazine.I subscribed 15 months ago,received e-mail confirmation,had my credit card charged,told to have a nice day and have never received a copy!I have e-mailed them time after time and all I get is dumb answers with how sorry they are and how they lost my details and how they have sorted it out now and my first copy is on it's way blaa blaa.Like I say ,are they for real or just a bunch of crooks? SGHT and Widesreen Review have never given me any problems thru the years.I have given up on ever getting a copy or my money back off AVI.Be glad of any comment. Cheers,Ross Douglas, New Zealand:

2. Matt Gordon

Matt Gordon Supporting Actor

To tell you the truth, I have seen the quality of installations in AVI decline pretty badly in the past few years. The gear reviews are perfunctory at best, and the gear they do review seems to be mainly mid-fi stuff; not at all commensurate with the cost of the installations they feature.

I'd ask for my money back and call it a day. Good luck.

3. Greg Rowe

Greg Rowe Stunt Coordinator

Greg
    I only had one experiene with AV interiors and it was a good one. One their website I requested a free copy. I received it. Then, as the one free issue offer always goes, I received a bill. I cancelled it. A day or two later I got a second issue (which was perfect because it has Dave Bott's theater in it).

I was never charged, and I received a second magazine. I would have purchased a subscription but I prefer to read about the working man's home theater. I've never cared for seeing ultra rich people's gear. That's why the issue with Dave Bott's theater is so cool. Plus, Mr. Bott lives near me (though I've never met him).

Greg

4. Luis Esp

Luis Esp Supporting Actor

I use to get this magazine for about 8 to 9 years, but avoided renewing my sub. I'd like to get rid of them since I'm running out of room for my dvds. Unfortunately, most used book store won't take them.

5. Ross Douglas

Ross Douglas Auditioning

Thank you for your comments. Matt,I have asked for my money back about 2 weeks ago, since then I have not had a reply.I figure they must have some major problems, must be financial maybe! At least I dont have to read any more rubbish from them.Thanks anyway.

6. DaveM

DaveM Extra

I had a renewing problem, but it was all figured out. I had emailed them a couple of times with little help so I decided to call them. I think that is the best way to get a hold of them and get it figured out. My problem was they cashed my check but did not have me down as renewed for another year. I am wondering if it isn't a problem with Primedia as my brother purchased as subscription to Hot Rod magazine and Maxum for me for my birthday. I just started receiving the Hod Rod (my birtday was in December) and I still have not received a Maxum. He has called several times since it was bill on his CC. Good luck