1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Audio Set Up Preference

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AbelM, Jan 21, 2002.

1. AbelM

AbelM Second Unit

For those of you that have digital cable or dish (i.e. direct-tv) do you guys' prefer RF video or S-Video?

And another question about the same topic, what about audio? Do you like it coming from the OUT on the TV to the IN on the reciever or just have it come straight from the OUT on the box directly into the IN on the reciever?

Thanx...just curious as to which is better to set mine up!

2. Allan

Allan Stunt Coordinator

S-video is much better than RF- video. With regard to audio, there is no point for it to go into the tv and then out to the receiver. Might as well go straight into the receiver.

Allan

3. Jonathan_M

Jonathan_M Stunt Coordinator

The way *I* have set mine up was to connect my Dish receiver to my A/V receiver using S-video and an optical cable for the audio out connection. My cable TV signal comes into my VCR which I use as a tuner. It has an S-Video jack that I then connect to my A/V receiver as well. The audio is plain L/R RCA jacks so that's what goes to the receiver as well. Only the video (S-Video and component) from the A/V receiver goes to my TV, no audio.

Some people are advocates of directly connecting all video sources to the TV. I just like the convenience of letting my receiver do the video switching for me and also being able to use my receivers on-screen display for certain functions.