Audio Research cabling

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Rikk B, Apr 12, 2003.

1. Rikk B

Rikk B Extra

Good, bad, no comment??? Are these decent for their price range? I noticed the 12' sub cable is under 20.00, whereas the Monster is nearing 40.00.

Any comments are appreciated. Thanks

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

Well Acoustic Research brand has a good reputation, but I've never heard of "Audio" Research.

It could be decent stuff, but the fact that they use a name so close to Acoustic makes me suspect they are just trying to confuse consumers into thinking they are the same. In effect - making some quick sales without bothering to develop their own name or reputation.

Check out the Acoustic Research brand, or even the cables at Radio Shack. Good quality and good price.

3. Ronn.W

Ronn.W Second Unit

Acoustic Research make good cables for the price, competitive with Monster, IMHO. If you really do mean Audio Research though, skip them and just go buy Acoustic Research for a similar price.

Audio Research just reminds me of the cheap Korean car stereos I used to see at swap meets with offbrand but close names like SONYA, UVC, Kentwood.

4. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

Well Audio Research makes cabling but its not of the Monster pricing variety.. They also make preamps/amps etc..
    and no they are not of the off brands like Sonya and Kentwood.

http://www.goodwinshighend.com/cable.htm#audioresearch
    http://www.audioresearch.com/

I would guess that the original poster got the names confused and he was talking about Acoustic Research because they DO fall into that price category he is describing.