What's new

audio recorder with a HD exist? (1 Viewer)

3 years ago, I bought a Minidisc recorder and has been happy with it until recently when I purchased a dvd recorder with a HD that allows me to records hours and hours of materials without the need of switching tape or disc.

Then I started thinking there must be a portable audio recorder out there that I can record all my favorite songs or music in the HD eliminating the need of 80min disc. Does such a thing exist in the market?

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
Sure, there's a zillion things. I recommend the ipod, there's the nomad jukebox zen... there are a bunch of others, but those are the two best in my opinion.

The pc software for the ipod sucks though.

James these are computer related products right? I was hoping for something that doesn't require a computer. Something that I can record via digital input from a CD player. However, I'll do some research on your suggestions. Thanks.

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
You can record via a mic on the nomad and for a couple of seconds on the ipod, but nothing digital that I'm aware of.

The ipod is a great product, though. Even if you could just spend a few days ripping all of your cds on someone else's computer, it might be worth it. It has a 30 gig hd.

AaronBatiuk

Second Unit
The Sony HARD-1000 sounds like what you are looking for. It can record from either optical digital or analog line input, and it will rip a CD at 2x. It also comes with a PC connection kit so you can organise and name your songs easily, and the unit will download CDDB database information when you copy a CD. It stores about 600 CDs, but it does ATRAC3 compression. This is the same compression that newer MDLP MiniDisc units use, and it sounds quite good (far better than MP3 in my opinion).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks