What's new

Audio Rack----->Send me in the right direction (1 Viewer)

Jon_B

Screenwriter
I am interested in this rack from Ikea called the Link Removed
I am more interested in this style rack than this specific one. I like that it is wider than it is tall. I also like that it holds six components.
The problem is that I really don't know much about Ikea as a company. They state that they use a birch veneer. Anyone have any experience with Ikea?
Anyone know an alternative company that uses this wider than taller rack?
Thanks for any help.
Jon

Stefan A

Second Unit
I think Ikea is generally a good company. The wood is just mdf (i think) with the veneer. The quality of it seems pretty good. The few pieces I have hold up. The stuff is completely disassebled but they make it clear how to put it together.
I don't think it's as nice as real hardwood - but your not paying a lot either.
------------------
Stefan Antwarg
My DVD Collection
The Regal Brass Quintet Not HT related

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I use an ikea wall init that my father bought about 20 years ago. Its still looks great and has not broken anywhere. Ikea's wood products are quite popular here and generally have a good reputation.
------------------
you lose it here and your in a world of hurt...

Dan Da Silva

Stunt Coordinator
I have that exact same rack but in Black and I love it, it works great. The only problem is I'm about to get a new Panny 47 inch and I'm going to have to get rid of the rack now. Oh well I only paid $80 for it anyway. Good purchase anyway.
------------------

Jon_B

Screenwriter
Dan
I am wondering if my components will fit in the alloted shelves. They do not post the dimensions of the shelves on the website or in their catalog.
If it's not too much trouble, could you give me the measurements of the useable inside dimensions of the shelves?
It's good to hear that Ikea has a good rep. I could only hope that a piece of furniture used to hold stuff could last 20 years.
Jon

Dan Da Silva

Stunt Coordinator
No problem Jon the width is 17 1/2, inches and the height is 10 1/4. In each of the 3 spaces across. and you have a shelf that you can adjust in height by moving the pins they give you into 3 different heights. hope everything fits, I haven't had any problems with my components fitting.

Jon_B

Screenwriter
Thank you very much Dan. I'll have to figure out if all of my components will fit.
Once again thanks.
icon14.gif

Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks