What's new

Audio quality on Diana Krall's new CD ? (1 Viewer)

anthony_b

Screenwriter
I hear a tiny bit of distortion coming from this particular CD on my right channel. I can't remember the track ? Has anyone noticed this ?

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Yeah, there are alot of spots on that CD that are somewhat questionable..I was really disappointed. Not in the music, but in the quality of the sound.

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
The are several tracks where the drummer is using brushes on the snare drum. It sounds like distortion. If you listen carefully you can hear the brush pattern from that speaker.
btw this is a great disc in my opinion.
------------------
The Mischievous Rogue Strikes Again! The Humble Hanson Theater
[Edited last by Doug_H on November 10, 2001 at 11:44 AM]
[Edited last by Doug_H on November 10, 2001 at 11:44 AM]

PatrickM

Screenwriter
There were some threads about some popping or distortion that occurs in some CD's when it first came out. I'm not sure what the resolution of this was but at least in the one I bought up here in Canada, there was no distortion. I initially asked if it was the brushes of the drummer but the others with the problem said it was a noticeable distortion and not the brushes.
The sound quality of this CD is a little worse than here past CD's. There were two recordings made for this. One with Diana and her musicians and another with the orchestra. On some songs you can hear the difference in noise floors. Especially on the tracks where she starts off with her band and then the orchestra comes in after. You hear an increase in noise floor or maybe just white noise from the recording studio.
Patrick
------------------
Evidence of my obsession.

anthony_b

Screenwriter
At least I know I'm not going crazy or that I'm too picky :)
In reference to the snare drum, It sounds more like a hiss when the musician plays the drum, I kind of expected it to sound like that......I just discovered Diana Krall last week through a friend at work and I picked up two of her CD's, her latest one and the one dedicated to the Nat king cole trio. I have not played the older one yet, what can I expect sound quality wise with that one ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks