What's new

Audio Pro Subwoofers any good? (1 Viewer)

DavidGT

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone had a chance to audtion Audio Pro subs?
I've heard from many retailers that they are very excellent subs and along the same price range as Polk, AR, etc.
This kinda came as shock to me because I've never read or heard of Pro Audio before until this week and I've been subscribing to most of the audio/video magazines for the last 5 years or so.
The word is that they offer very tight bass which is so what Im searching for because I have had it with loose/muddy sounding subs during music sources.

I would greatly appreciate any feeback on these puppies.

mark rush

Stunt Coordinator
I thought you might have a reply by now, but I will say that I have not had the chance to listen to audio pro, by looking at the current model line the only one I would think that would perform ok would be the Avantek sub.
it looks like they think like Bose, small speakers& low power, I would listen to one before I buy, it might be a mistake, good luck

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
I have not heard them either, but the The Bose thinking remark I would suspect dose not fully apply here.
I do agree the Avantek just from a size and power stand point would be their biggest deepest bass machine...?

If you really look around their site, all their subs seem to be designed to be small (except the Avantek) but still touting performance. How much performance I certainly can't say.
They use something they call Ace of Base Technology, "pantented" uh huh, and supposedly allowing for deep tight bass from very small enclosers.

They make small bookies to large powered towers and everything in between...
A couple all in one sets too.
Real wood, heavy bracing, and curved cabinets in couple of their lines.

Maybe someone will chime in that has (actual listing time) with some of their subs and or speaker lines!

Edit: I stand corrected, ACE BASS TECHNOLOGY.......

DavidGT

Stunt Coordinator
See? I can't believe no one has heard of Audio Pro.
I think they're really good though for reals because it seems like only the upper high-end audio stores carry them. They all rave on and on about this brand but I just don't to go in the stores and listen them and walk out with no intention of buying them. I feel kinda bad for the salespeople going through all the trouble. Because places reliable audiovideo.com sell them so much cheaper than the hi-fi stores here in the LA area. Man Iam so tempted to get one anyways! You're not going to find them at say Best Buy or Fry's though.
And comparing Audio Pro to Bose is really out of the question though. Bose don't even make powered subs, those acoustimass sytems are have passive subs.
Well I hope someone here in this forum besides retailers can post some feedback on this hidden find.

Ben_wood

Stunt Coordinator
Audio Pro is a Swedish company who made some well-received subwoofers in the early to mid 80s. The B2-50 (perhaps their most famous speaker) was a powered sub using 2 6.25 inch drivers in a push-pull configuration. Audio Pro subs are known for their taut, fast bass response using Ace Bass technology (not Ace of Base). You'll sometimes see their vintage subs on ebay. I haven't kept up with them in recent years so I can't comment on their current products.

And there is no comparison between Audio Pro and Bose!

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
Audio Pro speakers are ubiquitous here in Sweden / Finland, and they are not bad. They are not spectacular either, but they make some decent subs especially in the more affordable class.

They also make several lines of normal speakers. I haven't had the chance to audition the newish Avantek series, but I didn't care much for their previous flagship models, Black Diamond (and the newer bigger Blue Diamond); a bit too bright for my taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks