Audio Pro Black Diamond vs Dali 5005 vs Axiom m50ti

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Glenn Verde, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Glenn Verde

Glenn Verde Extra

I'm basically tossing out my 25 year old speakers. I am interested in purchasing one of these. I personally have not auditioned any of these speakers. Audio Pro is a Swedish company who have been around since the 70's. Dali is a Danish company that began in the early 80's and are are known in Europe as a reputable hi-end company. I have read a couple of good reviews on the musical abilities of the Audio Pro Black Diamond and 5005's. The Axiom is well regarded in this forum and sounds like a good speaker also. I did speak with a Canadian Hi-fi dealer that had a few of the Axiom speakers and he said the Dali's sound better. Does anyone have any thoughts or own these speakers. Thanks. Glenn

2. Luitz

Luitz Stunt Coordinator

Well most mid/high end speakers come from a Danish company
    call d.s.t. http://www.d-s-t.com/ The make some of the worlds best speaker devices if not the best.
    You would be surprised how many companys use there product.
    [​IMG]

3. Scott_N

Scott_N Second Unit

Axiom has a more forward sound than Dali so it would depend on your equipment and taste as to which is better.

4. Steve Lumbert

Steve Lumbert Stunt Coordinator

I have an Audio Pro Image Series system consisting of:

-Black Diamond mains
    -Black Vector center
    -Black Pearls for rear and back surrounds on 30" Vantage Point Solus stands
    -2 B1.35 subs (stacked)

I bought these without having the ability to listen to them first but was very pleasantly surprised. I can see why these have won so many awards in Europe. The black piano gloss finish is simply stunning and they are very musical in addition to handling movie soundtracks with ease.

I power them with a Rotel RB-985 MKI THX amp and a Harmon Kardon P2000 for the back surrounds. Since the Audio Pros are 4 Ohms, I'm feeding them roughly 150 watts/channel.