audio out on Sony DA333ES receiver

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David_Mc, Aug 7, 2001.

1. David_Mc

David_Mc Auditioning

Ok I consider myself pretty much a beginner in the HT arena at this stage so excuse me if the following seems a little naive.
    On my Sony DA333ES receiver I use a variety of input sources for audio (i.e. stereo, optical, co-axial) and am using a 5.1 speaker configuration. However I would also like to run audio output to my TV directly. I cannot figure out how to do this as the receiver does not seem to switch the input signal from optical input to the stereo output correctly. It does work if I use stereo input (e.g. VCR) to stereo output though. So basically what I am wondering is - is it possible to output stereo audio signal from the receiver regardless of the input type? If so, how would I go about setting this up?
    Thanks,
    David

2. Zane Johnson

Zane Johnson Agent

L and R pre-outs...
    if ya got em...

3. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Probably the only way you will be able to do it is through a tape loop or video (i.e., VCR) loop . Typically any signal from the selected source goes through all the tape and VCR loops. However, for inputs using only digital (optical or coaxial) connections, you might have to add the analog RCA L/R connections for this to work for them.
    Just send the tape or VCR record out jacks from the receiver to the television, and you should be in business. They give a fixed signal. The signal from the L/R pre-outs will vary with the volume control of the receiver, and high levels could overload the TV's input.
    Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

------------------
    My Equipment List
    [Edited last by Wayne A. Pflughaupt on August 07, 2001 at 06:41 PM]