Audio Out from Cable Box

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tim Jin, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Tim Jin

Tim Jin Supporting Actor

Here is the problem. S-Video solves my cable reception problem. It looks much better then coaxiel cable, but I can't get the audio from the cable box because the audio out is going through the HD input. It's one or the other. I can't have audio into both feeds. The box also has a digital audio out, but...

Any ideas? Is there a way to split the audio from the box?

2. Rick_Brown

Rick_Brown Second Unit

"The box also has a digital audio out, but..."

But what? Connect the digital out to your receiver and you've got the best of everything!

3. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

Definetly use the digital output for sound. You can enjoy Dolby Digital on some of the premium channels.

4. Tim Jin

Tim Jin Supporting Actor

I don't have a receiver yet. So, will a Y Connector work to split the audio?

5. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

Since you don't have a receiver to run the audio through, then I guess I'll have to assume that you are running the audio through the t.v. Therefore, if your t.v. has only two rca connectors (Yellow=video and White=audio) then you need to locate analog audio connectors (red and white) on the cable box and use a Y connector to run it through the audio. Wow, you understand about S-video, you may want to take the splash into HT by getting a low to mid price set up that includes a DVD player, but most importantly, enjoy HT in it's fullest with a Dolby Digital and dts receiver with speakers. Like I said previously, some the premium channels are doing Dolby Digital with the new movies on cable. Hope this helps.