What's new

Audio level through my receiver (1 Viewer)

DavidMcClin

Auditioning
The audio level for the TV is much lower than the level for the radio and VCR and I was curious if this is normal or if I am hooking something up wrong. I have always thought I was hooking everything up correctly, however there is a huge differnce in the volume settings when I am watching regular TV as opposed to the radio or TV through the VCR. Am I doing something wrong???

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Is this OTA, cable or sat.?
Tv stations use different levels. Some channels louder than others. Commercials are sometimes louder.
Which input on the receiver are you using? Make sure the polarity is the same at both ends of cable (if using R/W rca cables...if red is in audio right on tv, make sure it's in audio right in receiver).
Double check settings in receiver's setup menus. May need to raise the levels for the input channel of receiver, you're hooked up to.
Good luck!

BobAZ

Stunt Coordinator
No, you're not doing anything wrong. I had to adjust my tuner and CD inputs on my Onkyo receiver using its IntelliVolume feature. Similar to calibrating your speaker levels, IntelliVolume allows you to boost or reduce the level of each input to even out those wide volume changes when switching between TV, DVD, VCR, radio, etc.

What receiver do you have? Check your manual for a similar feature.

Johnny_M

Second Unit
may be normal, mines the same way. i'm using direct tv. but most receivers do have an input level adjustment, so you can raise the volume of just the input your using for TV.

Johnny

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks