What's new

Audio info carried on SVHS signal? (1 Viewer)

Dan Seoane

Auditioning
Ok, I will make this short..
I use a Microsoft Media Center system as my PVR, DVD player, Jukebox. Etc, Etc... SVidieo from my DTV STB's to the MCE, SVideo from the MCE to my Reciever, Svideo from the Reciever to the Sharp Monitor.
Audio is stereo RCA from the STB's to the MCE and Stereo RCA's from the MCE to the Receiver.
Pretty simple, here is where it gets interesting.
I had a Denon 5.1 receiver and everything was working perfect, video looked great and clear for the past 7 months with this new MCE system in the path, Last week my Denon died this week so I replaced it with a new Pioneer VSX-815 and now there are some small x hatched patterning in the lighter areas, especially skin tone ares. I have replace all the SV cables and no change.
When I posted this question on an MCE forum a member said that the new receiver was not correctly interpreting the audio surround info in the SVideo signal and it was causing the video noise.
Can that be true? Since when is audio info carried on a video signal?
What could be causing this video noise?

Thanks for your time...

-d

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
There's no audio information in an S-Video signal, any more than in a component or composite video signal. It sounds like you are having a problem with interference leaking into the video channel. Perhaps the video patch circuit in the reciever is not working as it should. Go to the place you got it from and complain.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.