What's new

AUDIO-IN plug inn problem in my Sony DAV-HDX466 Home theatre receiver... (1 Viewer)

prabhakarglv

Auditioning
Real Name
Pubby
Hi, My Home Theatre recievers AUDIO-IN plug-inns yellow and white analog audio plug-inns are not working if Im using the external source i.e., Blue-ray player or Media Player. I can hear the home theatre audio if I use any DVD disc in my receiver only DAV HDX466. The other day when I was watching the movie from my Boxee Media Player, the HDMI cable from Boxee connected to TV and the Analog cable of Audio-out of Boxee to Audio-in of HTS. But I couldn't able to hear any sound from HTS except from TV. However if I put any DVD in my HTS, then there is no problem in audio from HTS. Please let me know what could be the problem in my HTS receiver's AUDIO-INN plug-inns? I even tested with new A/V wires, but still the problem persists. I had a on-line chat with Sony support team and they said, the receiver need to be tested physically. My question is, can I use the Multimeter externally to test Audio-in plug-inns, IF SO PLEASE LET ME HOW TO TEST IT? OR is there any other way to test it? OR is there any concerned IC could have failed? Please find me the solution. Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you, Regards, PUBBY.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Pubby, I'm having a hard time figuring out what devices you have connected, and what type of connection each device has. Maybe someone else will have better luck (I'm usually not the best at decyphering), but in the meantime, maybe this will help - you mentioned audio yellow and white plugs. Yellow is typically not an audio port. Audio is usally red/white for stereo, or orange for digital coax. Yellow is a composite video port (and a low resolution one at that). Maybe you are cross-connecting video and audio.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Have you set the external devices to output analog audio? They might have digital audio as the default audio output. BTW, yellow is a video connection. The analog connections are red and white :) . Good morning Al. Came in second again. And always less than a minute!

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Don't feel bad Gene, it's the quality of the post, not the speed or length. Plus, I'm sure you have a great personality ... It was close though, you almost caught Robert and I between shifts. (Seriously, if it makes you feel any better, I think I lead the board in the category 'last post where the OP never returns'.)

prabhakarglv

Auditioning
Real Name
Pubby
Hi Andreson, I'm sorry for confusion. I actually connected red and white cables which are meant for audio. The devices I'm talking about are external sources like blueray player or media player to HTS. Pubby.

ldb24

Auditioning
Real Name
Landyn
I want to start by saying I am sorry for bringing up an old thread... BUT.

I have what sounds like the exact same problem, with the exact same system. I have been looking on the internet for days for a solution to this problem.

Sony DAV-HDX466.

The only input that will output any audio is DVD. If you put a DVD or CD into the tray, it will play without fault. But, if you switch the input to radio, tv/video, or audio in, there is no audio outpuit through the speakers. I have reset the system, and I have tried different input devices. I am wondering if anyone has run into a problem like this before, or has any idea what I should start with in terms of diagnosis. The funny thing is, everything worked great until I went on vacation for a week. A few days after I got back, I fired it up and it hasn't worked since.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks