Audio glitch with Time Warner PVR

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Darren_N, Sep 10, 2004.

1. Darren_N

Darren_N Stunt Coordinator

Came across a peculiar audio glitch when playing around with the Time Warner PVR (Scientific Atlanta 8000 I think, non-HD) I just hooked up. I have the audio going through my receiver-composite cables for the non-digital channels and coax for the digital audio. I tested it out and all seemed well. My receiver correctly auto detected the audio fed from the PVR, showing either "Analog" or "Digital" on its display.

The glitch arose when I was trying out the PIP feature. On the non-digital channels, when I use PIP and swap the channels, the channel I swap to comes through in digital audio. The display on my receiver switches to digital and I do hear a difference in the sound. When I close the PIP and try to switch to another channel, it goes back to analog audio. I have to hit swap again to get back to the digital audio.

Anybody have an idea on this one? I hope my description of the glitch isn't too confusing. I welcome all suggestions, explanations, and questions. Thank you all in advance.

Darren

2. Jeremy Deal

Jeremy Deal Extra

I got a audio problem with this DVR too. My right channel is picky about when it works and the audio is at two diffrent volumes. I have it hooked up the same way, regular cable goes through analog RCA and Digital cable goes through digital coax. I believe the RCA jacks on the back of the DVR are bad. Tried several cables and nothing fixes the problem.