What's new

Audio glitch with Time Warner PVR (1 Viewer)

Darren_N

Stunt Coordinator
Came across a peculiar audio glitch when playing around with the Time Warner PVR (Scientific Atlanta 8000 I think, non-HD) I just hooked up. I have the audio going through my receiver-composite cables for the non-digital channels and coax for the digital audio. I tested it out and all seemed well. My receiver correctly auto detected the audio fed from the PVR, showing either "Analog" or "Digital" on its display.

The glitch arose when I was trying out the PIP feature. On the non-digital channels, when I use PIP and swap the channels, the channel I swap to comes through in digital audio. The display on my receiver switches to digital and I do hear a difference in the sound. When I close the PIP and try to switch to another channel, it goes back to analog audio. I have to hit swap again to get back to the digital audio.

Anybody have an idea on this one? I hope my description of the glitch isn't too confusing. I welcome all suggestions, explanations, and questions. Thank you all in advance.

Darren

I got a audio problem with this DVR too. My right channel is picky about when it works and the audio is at two diffrent volumes. I have it hooked up the same way, regular cable goes through analog RCA and Digital cable goes through digital coax. I believe the RCA jacks on the back of the DVR are bad. Tried several cables and nothing fixes the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks