What's new

Audio Fidelity SACDs soon for Yes, Fleetwood Mac, Lynyrd Skynyrd (1 Viewer)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Rich, point taken! I was merely trying to make the point that sneering at boomer fodder makes it sound like it's utterly beyond the pale. The point is that on any objective scale there is far worse (and more recent) stuff out there!

To be honest, I'd like to see a wider range of music coming out on DVD-A and SACD. Heck, I'd like to see more Floyd and Genesis stuff, but not at the expense of the better stuff from recent years. I guess it's yet again a case of companies playing to the demographic with the money.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I guess it's yet again a case of companies playing to the demographic with the money.
Andrew, I think you are right on the money here.

I am also reading a new book called Trading Up by some smart folks at Boston Consulting Group. One of the themes of the book is that people will pay a good premium for perceived quality provided there is an emotional connection, technical improvements, and it is an area they care about.

I think hirez may be able to be marketed as a "trade up" item...more on this subject as I finish my reading. :)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Jason, you should be checking out The Thorns, Suitcase Pimps, Colleen Sexton, and David Elias on SA-CD. Sum auf dem ist on small labels...:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks