What's new

Audio dropouts w/ Toshiba 4900 (1 Viewer)

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
I replaced my wonky Pioneer 414 last weekend w/ a Toshiba 4900 and have noticed audio dropouts during CD playback. FYI, the digital out is connected via coax to my old-ish Yamaha receiver (I can't even remember the model #).

Has anyone else experienced this ?

thanks.

Christopher Chung

Stunt Coordinator
I have this player too, but sorry, I can't say that I've experienced audio drop-outs. Maybe try checking the cable and connections.

Rob.melone

Stunt Coordinator
I have this player too. I am using it with an analog tv and am very happy with the video and audio performance. My only complaint is with the software. The player does not display elapsed time. Can a dvd players software be upgraded?

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
I have the Toshiba SD-5700 (older model) and it has plenty of audio drop-outs with DTS tracks, especially DTS ES. I'm able to reproduce those drop-outs every time, and not on another player so I know for a fact its the Toshiba. I've also tested the exact same drop outs on a Toshiba SD-4800 and they were reproduceable. I also sometimes get intermittent audio drop-outs on my SD-5700 that I can't reproduce, I mean if I rewind and play back the same scene, it won't happen again.

The SD-4900 doesn't use the same chipset as the older 5700/4800 models. The older ones used the Zoran Vaddis V, and the 4900 uses a MediaTek chipset. I'm not sure how it compares, but I'd be really curious to know if the newer models also suffer from the same DTS ES audio drop outs as the older Zoran-equipped players.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks