What's new

Audio dropouts on the 950 whats up (1 Viewer)

Legairre

Supporting Actor
Will, Patrick,

Thanks for filling me in. I like that trick with the 1050 receiver. It's a nice and simple work around.

Patrick R. Sklenar

Second Unit
... I like that trick with the 1050 receiver. It's a nice and simple work around.
:D
A couple of the Outlaws called me in December, when this whole EX Flag issue developed, to ask whether I'd had the drop outs. When I said no, we kicked into troubleshooting mode and tried one thing after another. Eventually one of them asked me to physically unplug the speaker wires for my rear center channel ... still no drop outs. At that point, and I'm not sure if one of them said it first or if we said it at the same time, the thought occured to us to "tell" the 1050 there was no rear center speaker ... voila! Drop outs started on the two of those three disks that I had! :)
Note that this was taking place while the various forums were just starting to wonder if there really was an issue and if so which brands/models might be susceptable. No one was pointing a finger at Outlaw yet. They do take their reputation for customer support very seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks