What's new

audio dropouts in Willy Wonka WS in elevator rides from main menu? (1 Viewer)

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
During the elevator rides that follow each menu option there are several pops and or audio dropouts. My disc does have a manufacturers defect where the metal layer has a scratch on the outer edge. DO you think this is because of the defect or has anyone else experienced this? By the way I have a Sony DVP-S530D.

Joe Schwartz

Second Unit
I have the exact same problem, with the same DVD player. I think it's a minor annoyance, but not something I'm really concerned about. I'm just happy to have the Wonka SE in OAR.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I think -- or at least this was my initail
impression -- that those so-called audio
dropouts are done purposely to give the effect
of the Wonka elevator traveling.
------------------
ronbo.jpg

Ronald Epstein (pronounced like the English "Ronald Epstein")
Circa 2000
Home Theater Forum Administrator
All forum questions & to get on our private forum mailing list (new members)... Email: [email protected]
Problems with the webpage or site? Contact WEBMASTER
Email Packy [email protected]

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
I had similar problems with Dinosaur SE, Snow White , and now Wonka. Dinosaur SE doesn't have this problem on my friend's Playstation and I assume probably not with the others either. I think the player probably needs a firmware upgrade. I called Sony and they wanted me to bring it in for service. But I wasn't willing to part with my only player while they figured out what the problem was. I emailed them asking why couldn't they test it on their own player and own disc and when the upgrade is ready give me a call, but I got no answer. So whenever I get my next player I'll bring it in for service.

Christopher_X

Auditioning
Yeah, I think it's supposed to be like that, however annoying. Either the sample was too short or they thought it was a clever way of simulating a wacky elevator ride.

Brian_J

Second Unit
I think its more of the studio conspiracy to keep us from buying OAR!
wink.gif

Brian
------------------
Zed's Dead Baby...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks