What's new

Audio dropout on HD programming (1 Viewer)

Eric Hargrove

Stunt Coordinator
I have this minor annoyance I'm hoping someone can help me with. I used the search function and came up empty. Every couple of minutes, the audio on my Marantz SR7000 receiver will cut out for a second or two. Is this a common problem?
The HD receiver is being rented from my cable provider, Comcast. The HDTV is a Mitsubishi 55805. Thanks in advance,

Eric

Allen.S

Grip
Onkyo claims this a change to the Dolby broadcast. I can't post links, so you'll have to go to onkyo dot com, make your way to the receiver's FAQ section to find the audio dropout posting.

(I know you don't have an Onkyo, but the problem sounds the same.)

Ricky c

Stunt Coordinator
I had a sr7000 up to about a month ago and never had that problem w/direct tv hd . maybe its the cable broadcast.

ChrisDixon

Second Unit
The SR7000 does not have the audio pickup delay that some of the later model Marantz recievers have. My guess is that it is either the source (your cable company or the network affiliates) or your SR7000 has a problem.

Chris

Eric Hargrove

Stunt Coordinator
I think you guys may be on to something. My cable line has been split several times. All my connections are good so I think I may try a good cable amplifier. Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks