What's new

Audio Dropout Issue... (1 Viewer)

Matt Amato

Stunt Coordinator
So we currently have my roomate's fairly low-end Kenwood receiver (I don't have the model number he got it for $200 at Best Buy a couple of years ago) driving our home theater (until I can afford the H/K I want). In fact, we have two of these models, bought at roughly the same time. One of them died a few months ago, now the replacement is acting funny. Both of the Digital Coaxil input seem to drop audio sporadically for a few seconds every so often (frequent enough to be very irritating though). And the optical input doesn't seem to work at all. I tried re-running wires to all the speakers, in case a bad wire was causing the droupout, but that didn't help. It was then that I figured out it only happened for the digital inputs. The odd thing is, if I plug in anything to the surge protector outlet strip that the receiver is plugged into, while the audio is running, the dropout occurs. This makes me wonder if it could be power related? However, as I said it only happens on digital inputs, and the simplest most likely thing I can think of is that the digital input processing on the receiver has gone bad. But since this is the second receiver to go bad in this setup within the past 6 months, I worry it might be a power issue. However, none of my other components have had a problem, leading me back to believing it's just the receiver (and the reason two receivers have gone bad is because there the same exact model and probably have the same life expectency/problems. Sorry for the babbling, but this has been a very frustrating problem for me and my roomates. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
Matt

Matt Amato

Stunt Coordinator
I meant to post this is the receiver section. Can the powers that be shoot it over to there?

Thanks,
Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks