What's new

Audio delays on NBC OTA shows (1 Viewer)

Steve Castle

Auditioning
Hi all,

My wife's pointed this out to me on a few occasions and tonight I saw it for myself. Watching the prime time NBC shows over OTA I was seeing delays in all audio. When I flipped to ABC, CBS, PBS, etc things were just fine. If I watched through AT&T cable the audio was fine too. Any ideas if this is an equipment issue or just a general broadcast issue?

PS... For equipment I've got a Mitsu 65511 with an Onkyo 898 running the speakers. For now I'm using an old Terk interior antenna, soon to be upgraded to an outdoor.

Pete M

Stunt Coordinator
Are you talking HD OTA or regular? I have been experiencing audio delays all season on NBC, specifically Frasier and Hidden Hills (the only 2 NBC shows I watch in HD). I thought it was a local problem, but if you're talking about HD, then maybe it is something NBC is doing (wrong).

Steve Castle

Auditioning
Pete,

It was HD OTA and the night I posted it was Frasier I was watching. I'm going to wait for ER tonight to see if it's still there or not.

Steve

Mike I

Supporting Actor
Usually if you do a hard reboot of your Set top box, that will solve the audio sync problem..

Mike I

Supporting Actor
Sorry Steve...I did not know that..One of the Engineers at my local CBS affialite who I know gave me that suggestion, and it works every time for my Set Top Box..I don't know what you would do with an internal box , but I would imagine it could work the same way...

Steve Castle

Auditioning
Thanks for the information Mike. I do have friends with the STB and I'll pass that along to them. Not sure if they were aware of that fix. Definitely need to figure out how to fix the most watched channel in the house.

PS. Just watching SVU and seeing it again, yet not as pronounced as previous.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks