Audio Delay

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by DavidShack, Mar 12, 2005.

1. DavidShack

DavidShack Auditioning

I am relatively new to the entire home theatre scene, and have an audio related question.

In the past 3 months, I have purchased an Onkyo TX-SR602 audio reciever to go along with my preexisting 5.1 channel configuration. I have DirecTV satellite service, with HD.

While watching UNC basketball games, I enjoy listening to the local radio announcer instead of the TV. The problem with this is that the radio announcer is around 5 seconds ahead of the video. Is there any way I could delay the audio so it is in sync with the video?

Thanks for all responses!

-David

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Unfortunately there is no cheap solution for this problem. It typically requires some broadcasting equipment, like this.

You might be able to find some pro audio effects processors with delay, but not many of them have delay that long. They’re not cheap, either, but look for items from Yamaha, Lexicon, TC Electronics, Sabine, DigiTech, etc.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

3. DavidShack

DavidShack Auditioning

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, I think that the solution for my problem is too expensive, and I'll just have to listen to Dick Vitale. [​IMG]

-David

4. Brad Briles

Brad Briles Auditioning

We've been looking for a solution to this problem for some of our home theater customers. We found this unit and have one scheduled for delivery on Friday of this week.

Go to delayplayradio.com

I would suggest running your left/right output from Zone2 to the input of this unit. Select your Tuner to Zone2, feed the output to a Tape input, then select the Tape for your main source.

Good Luck,
    Brad