What's new

audio delay with dts (1 Viewer)

Jon Chang

Auditioning
I was watching The Contender on my JVC XV-523 dvd player and KEnwood VR-507 and noticed a time delay between the picture and dts audio, when i swithced to dd, the delay was gone. At the time i figured it was the dvd, but the same thing happened tonight when I was watching Moulin Rouge. Is this due to my hardware and a poor dts decoder in the dvd player? or is it something I can fix by tweeking my reciever?

Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
How are you passing the DTS signal(Coax or digital). Make sure the connections are snug. If you can borrow another DVD player you could test it against yours. Check your manual and see if you have a distance or delay setting for your speakers. It maybe set too high.

Kevin

Jon Chang

Auditioning
i'ts connected through coax and i made sure it was snug the first time it happened. I'm not sure if speaker delay settings would have any effect though, since the picture matches the audio in DD and DPL modes.

Jimmy P

Stunt Coordinator
DTS does not use any delay settings,other than the cue's incorporated in the disc during the mastering process.It is possible that if your'e speaker setup isn't ideal that a delay would be noticed,but depending how much of a delay you are talking about,the player could have an audio sync problem.

Jon Chang

Auditioning
The speaker placement isn't very far away from the viewing area (i'm in a relatively small college apartment), so it's probably not that. I picked up an optical cable today and will see if that makes a difference and also see if the problem is aleviated if I use my PS2 as a dvd player.

jon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks