What's new

Audio Choices in Toshiba DVD Player (1 Viewer)

JayKellen

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought a Toshiba Progressive Scan DVD Player, and had a quick question regarding what audio setting I should have the player on. I want it to utilize both Dolby Digital and DTS, and my options to choose from are Dolby Digital/PCM, Stream/PCM and a third that is just PCM. I have it set on the stream/pcm, for the manual mentioned that i should "select this if you connected the players digital out jack to an amp or equipment with a DTS decoder, Dolby Digital decoder OR MPEG decoder." I know this may be a silly question and I may have answered it myself already, but i just wanted to make sure I have it set up properly. The Dolby Digital/PCM is strictly for dolby digital sound and not dts correct?? Thanks for advice.

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
Yes you are correct. Use Stream for passing all bitstreams (DD,DTS,MPG) directly thru to an external receiver for decoding. Your receiver needs to support both DTS and DD5.1 too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks