What's new

Audio CD mastering software recommendations wanted (1 Viewer)

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
It appears that my copy of Sonic Foundry's wonderful "CD Architect" will not work on my new PC. I think it's a Windows XP problem, it doesn't see the CD Recorder. I am going to ask on the Sonic Foundry forum if there's a way to get the program working in XP.

But assuming that I can't, what is some good Audio CD Mastering programs? I need something that will allow me to load very large WAV files (a whole LP album side or longer) and split the WAV file into individual tracks.

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
Philip,

can't you just use CD Architect to split the large wav file into smaller tracks, and then burn those with whatever recording program you have?

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Yes, but that is a huge pain in the ass compared to what I'm used to - simply dropping the large file in and tracking.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
CDWave will split tracks.

CD Wave is a program designed to aid in CD-Recordable mastering. It was built for splitting WAV files from any source, like LP, tape or even CD. After recording, you can let CD Wave automatically calculate split points, or you can manually add and delete split points. After this, you can write out the tracks as individual wave files and use any CDR mastering program to write a disc that has no clicks or pops in between tracks.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I'm using SoundForge to do the recording. That will split tracks perfectly, as well as normalize, etc. It's a big pain compared to just setting up the tracks in CD Architect. I'm downloading the 2000 update to CD Architect - I hope it works...

EDIT: Success! I'm back in business with CD Architect, the best Audio CD authoring program EVER!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks