What's new

Audio Cable as Video Cable (1 Viewer)

CarlosGH

Stunt Coordinator
Would their be any degradation in video quality if I use a Monster 300 Audio Interlink cable as a video cable? I know that it has dual wiring inside, that breaks the signal into high range and low range audio frequencyl. I tried using it, but with an old NES, but I was going to use for a LD player where quality is an issue.

CarlosGH

Stunt Coordinator
Would their be any degradation in video quality if I use a Monster 300 Audio Interlink cable as a video cable? I know that it has dual wiring inside, that breaks the signal into high range and low range audio frequencyl. I tried using it, but with an old NES, but I was going to use for a LD player where quality is an issue.

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
A rule of thumb (as Ive heard it); good video cable can be used for audio, not the other way around.

Video requires higher bandwidth and better rfi shielding.

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
A rule of thumb (as Ive heard it); good video cable can be used for audio, not the other way around.

Video requires higher bandwidth and better rfi shielding.

StephenHa

Second Unit
after cutting apart my monster cables, they are identical cable the difference was the color codin on the ends

StephenHa

Second Unit
after cutting apart my monster cables, they are identical cable the difference was the color codin on the ends

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Ok guys, here are the facts:

- All video interconnects must be made with something called "75 ohm" impedence coax.

- Audio interconnects can also be made with 75 ohm coax, but many of them are made with 50, 110 or 300 ohm coax.

Unless the outer jacket has writing, you cannot tell if a coax is 50/75/110/300 ohms even if you cut it apart. You have to go by the color-codes on the end.

Hope this helps.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Ok guys, here are the facts:

- All video interconnects must be made with something called "75 ohm" impedence coax.

- Audio interconnects can also be made with 75 ohm coax, but many of them are made with 50, 110 or 300 ohm coax.

Unless the outer jacket has writing, you cannot tell if a coax is 50/75/110/300 ohms even if you cut it apart. You have to go by the color-codes on the end.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks