Audio button problem

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Jens, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Jens

Jens Auditioning

Hi

We have an LG Home Theater System Model DA-3630. On the remote control you can normally press the AUDIO button to change to other languages or other audio like DTS. I had no problem with this untill now. I watched the dvd "Tarzan" (by Disney) a few days ago and I could change the languages at every time in the movie. Now I'm watching it again because I want to listen to the Audio commentary but I can't change the audio to that English Audio Commentary (I think it's DD 2.0). It shows a red thing in the right upper screen that always shows when the action is not available [​IMG] It's not in the menu (the audio commentary) but that's not what it's about here. Does anyone know what's wrong?

Thanks

2. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Are you sure you could do it previously? Many DVDs disable the ability to switch audio on the fly, I don't have tarzan, but I have dozens of discs that do not allow on-the-fly switching.

Also, sometimes if a disc has a feature like seamless branching or extended branching, this will play havoc with the ability to switch audio on the fly, and so it might let you switch during some sections, and not during others (I've had this problem on the Abyss SE disc from fox).

Are you sure it's not accessable via the menus? I wouldn't imagine that they would make it so you couldnt get it on the fly, and it wasnt' presented in the menu.

I would imagine someone else here who owns this disc might be able to chime in on if it's disabled for sure, but that would be my guess.

3. Jens

Jens Auditioning

I'm very sure the audio can be switched IN the movie. I tried a few days ago and I heard a little piece of the audio commentary. It's not in the menu (There's only chapter selection, Setup and Bonus Material) and it's not in the Bonus material menu (and not in the more sections either).

4. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

I assume this is the collectors edition version, not the original non-se release?

Is this a region 1 disc? Did you check the SETUP menu- as many commentary selections are under the audio options in setup.

Maybe someone else who owns this disc can check and see if the audio switch on the fly is disabled on theirs, and where the commentary selection is within the menus.

5. Jens

Jens Auditioning

Double post, please delete [​IMG]

6. Jens

Jens Auditioning

Well it's a region 2 dvd, and it's the first release of Tarzan. It has lots of bonus material but it doesn't have the Disney DVD screen at the beginning of the movie like newer releases have.

I checked the setup menu, but that's not the problem here. The problem is that I can't change the audio in the middle of a movie (this worked with ALL my dvds).

Thanks for helping though! If you have any other suggestions, feel free to post them [​IMG] Others too!