What's new

Audio Antique? Sansui R-7 Receiver (1 Viewer)

Dick Knisely

Second Unit
Among some misc. junk of my son's was an old Sansui R-7 receiver. He has no idea how old it was, a friend's Dad gave it to him a year or two ago. Amazingly, it works perfectly -- FM tuner section does fine and the stereo amps function just fine -- even sounds okay. By the look of it I'd guess it must be late 70's but various Google searches didn't turn up much of anything about it.

Just out of curiosity, anyone know when this model was made? Know anything about it (specs, etc)?

Thanks in advance,

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Dick,

Here's a great site that's dedicated to vintage gear.

AudioKarma

You could also comb through some of the completed auctions at eBay to determine what they are currently selling for - and to see if you can gather some additional information from the auction descriptions regarding the receiver.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
When speaking of "vintage" equipment, people tend to think of separates and not receivers (except, perhaps, the occasional Marantz Model 19 receiver). My sister still has an old 1970 Kenwood KR-77 receiver I gave her back in, oh, 1972 or thereabouts. Works just fine and even still looks good cosmetically. But it's not worth anything.

If, however, I had an old Marantz Model 7C preamp, I'd have a component that's worth some money.

Dick Knisely

Second Unit

Agreed. Good site. From that I got that this model was only produced in 1981. No info on specs but their record of eBay sales shows around $20. I did a search on eBay before posting here and found zilch in current or completed auctions for the R-7. Doesn't appear to have been a real popular one, even AudioKarma only shows ~3 auctions in the last couple years.

Interesting curiousity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks