Audio Alchemy stuff

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Mauricio_BR, Sep 13, 2003.

1. Mauricio_BR

Mauricio_BR Agent

Hello guys,

I just bought (cheap) an Audio Alchemy DDE3.0 + DTI Pro and since those fine gentleman are no longer in business, I´m wondering if someone has the info or may point me in the right direction to find what were the last software revisions for both of this gadgets.

My DDE3.0 has a rev 1.05 software and the DTI pro has a 2.7 version sw.

If there are newer sw versions, were could I find it to buy or to download ?

Would anybody know about any hardware mods to improve their performance ? Is that power suply 2 really cost effective ?

Thank you guys.

2. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

try contacting someone from channel islands audio. if i recall properly, the owner of audio alchemy started up channel islands after audio alchemy went bust.

kevin t

3. BradJudy

BradJudy Stunt Coordinator

The head of Audio Alchemy (Mark Schifter) started AV123/Perpetual Technologies. I was at their offices and he/they still use an AA DDS Pro as their reference transport (now with P-Tech DAC instead of the AA one).

Check over at http://forum.av123.com and see if they'll answer some questions on AA gear or refer you to someone else. They're good folks, so they'll probably be able to answer your questions.

I don't think Channel Islands is one of Mark's companies, but I could be wrong.