Audio Alchemy stuff

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Mauricio_BR, Sep 13, 2003.

1. Mauricio_BR

Mauricio_BR Agent

Dec 4, 2002

I just bought (cheap) an Audio Alchemy DDE3.0 + DTI Pro and since those fine gentleman are no longer in business, I´m wondering if someone has the info or may point me in the right direction to find what were the last software revisions for both of this gadgets.

My DDE3.0 has a rev 1.05 software and the DTI pro has a 2.7 version sw.

If there are newer sw versions, were could I find it to buy or to download ?

Would anybody know about any hardware mods to improve their performance ? Is that power suply 2 really cost effective ?

Thank you guys.
  2. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

Jul 12, 2001
    try contacting someone from channel islands audio. if i recall properly, the owner of audio alchemy started up channel islands after audio alchemy went bust.

kevin t
  3. BradJudy

BradJudy Stunt Coordinator

Sep 25, 2002
    The head of Audio Alchemy (Mark Schifter) started AV123/Perpetual Technologies. I was at their offices and he/they still use an AA DDS Pro as their reference transport (now with P-Tech DAC instead of the AA one).

Check over at and see if they'll answer some questions on AA gear or refer you to someone else. They're good folks, so they'll probably be able to answer your questions.

I don't think Channel Islands is one of Mark's companies, but I could be wrong.