What's new

Audio Alchemy Digital Transmission Interface(DTI) (1 Viewer)

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
I have 1 of these floating around and dont realy know what it does. I used it a a SCMS defeater when I was trading alot of DATs. Can someone tell me what this is for?
Earle

Jeffrey_Jones

Second Unit
Here is a high level explaination that I found online:
Digital playback has come nearly full circle since the first CD players were introduced over a decade ago. Early CD players were just that - single-box entities containing both a transport mechanism, for reading the digital data from a compact disc, and a digital-to-analogue converter (DAC) for converting the retrieved digital data to an analogue signal. Unfortunately, early CD players were not readily upgradeable, mandating either their complete replacement or significant internal modification if sonic improvements were to be realized. The eventual introduction of the external digital interface and outboard DAC solved the upgrade problem, but ushered in yet another - jitter, or timing errors, introduced into the digital data stream due to the need to now recover the CD's embedded digital clock via the digital interface. Audio designers, fueled by consumer demand for sonically-excellent two-box digital systems, were determined to find a solution to the jitter conundrum. Their research and development efforts led to products like the Genesis Digital Lens, the Sonic Frontiers Ultra Jitterbug, and the Audio Alchemy Digital Transmission Interface, each of whose goal was to reduce, if not eliminate, jitter in the digital interface. And so, from its humble, one-box beginnings, a state-of-the-art digital front-end became defined as a dedicated transport, feeding digital data to a jitter reduction box via a digital cable, which in turn fed jitter-reduced data to an outboard DAC via a second digital cable. Hardly a minimalist signal path!
Source - http://www.audiophilia.com/hardware/digcables.htm
Thanks,
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks