What's new

Audigy 2 ZS DVD Audio (1 Viewer)

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
This is a problem I have had for awhile and pretty much given up on, but I thought I would mention it here.

My ZS2 will simply not play a DVD audio disc. I try using the Creative software player it comes with and it just does not work. One of the many odd things is it worked when I 1st installed the sound card, but never again.

I also have a Creative Demo that showcases some music in Stereo, then the same track in 5.1 DVD Audio. Playing through the demo program, the do not play, but if I browse to my hard drive and manually click on them, they play fine.

I have gotten DVD Audio to work using Win DVD. But since it I believe uses software decoding, it's not even taking advanage of my sound card. I do love the Audigy 2 ZS... just wish I could fix this old problem.

Gerald LaFrance

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerald LaFrance
Hi have you tried to get updated drivers for the sound card??

what O/S sre you using?? You are using your DVD drive ??
have you tried Creative Support??:star:

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
Tried all that, morr than once. I have Windows XP. I have 2 DVD drives on my computer, and I have tried them both.

I had a long post in Creative Support. No solution was found.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks