1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Audax HT mains finally finished

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Joe Ku, Jun 16, 2003.

1. Joe Ku

Joe Ku Stunt Coordinator

I finished my Audax HT Left and Right mains yesterday and they sound great. I do admit that I am a little biased but anyone who builds these will be pleased I think. My dog even noticed the sound quality difference... he kept trying to find where the voices were comming from. They will definitely benifit from the addition of a subwoofer, which I expected. overall they sound very balanced and detailed. There are better speakers for music, although I do think these sound very good. Bass is just not as strong as I would like, but I understand the aerogel drivers need time to break in and will develope stronger bass. Those are my initial impressions. I will share more details later after I have really had a chance to listen to them.

UPDATE: my reciever has the speakers set to small, Changed that and now bass is quite acceptable, still needs a sub fot HT but sounds great on music.

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Hahaha, my cats do that when I watch a DVD with a good surround track as well. Glad you like the fruits of your labor!

3. Mike Barto

Mike Barto Extra

I built the ones on the hometheaterhifi webb site and they rock but yes they do need a subwoofer I have been using them for about 3 years now. I built the small bookshelf model on the audax webb site I think they are A651 or something I built 2 pairs for my surrounds and back surrounds. I just finished the Audax center on the hometheaterhifi webb site about 3 months ago and couldn't be happier it is a three way and makes my paradigm cc-350 that it replaced sound like a piece of garbage but it is huge. plus they where all a ton of fun to build. my next project is a dual 12" subwoofer which I am here looking for info on