Audax HT mains finally finished

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Joe Ku, Jun 16, 2003.

1. Joe Ku

Joe Ku Stunt Coordinator

I finished my Audax HT Left and Right mains yesterday and they sound great. I do admit that I am a little biased but anyone who builds these will be pleased I think. My dog even noticed the sound quality difference... he kept trying to find where the voices were comming from. They will definitely benifit from the addition of a subwoofer, which I expected. overall they sound very balanced and detailed. There are better speakers for music, although I do think these sound very good. Bass is just not as strong as I would like, but I understand the aerogel drivers need time to break in and will develope stronger bass. Those are my initial impressions. I will share more details later after I have really had a chance to listen to them.

UPDATE: my reciever has the speakers set to small, Changed that and now bass is quite acceptable, still needs a sub fot HT but sounds great on music.

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Hahaha, my cats do that when I watch a DVD with a good surround track as well. Glad you like the fruits of your labor!

3. Mike Barto

Mike Barto Extra

I built the ones on the hometheaterhifi webb site and they rock but yes they do need a subwoofer I have been using them for about 3 years now. I built the small bookshelf model on the audax webb site I think they are A651 or something I built 2 pairs for my surrounds and back surrounds. I just finished the Audax center on the hometheaterhifi webb site about 3 months ago and couldn't be happier it is a three way and makes my paradigm cc-350 that it replaced sound like a piece of garbage but it is huge. plus they where all a ton of fun to build. my next project is a dual 12" subwoofer which I am here looking for info on