What's new

ATTN: WA and Oregon residents! (1 Viewer)

Nate_L

Auditioning
Northwesterners:
If you are planning on buying new equipment, especially stuff on the mid to high end, continue reading.
I recently was in the market for a new receiver, speakers, DVD player and surge protector. Not sure of what I wanted, I hit the Forum and was shown a bunch of great brands to compare. I finally found what I wanted and headed online and out to the stores. I hit 2 Magnolia Hi-Fi's in Washington. Then, knowing the money I would be spending, I called the Beaverton Magnolia Hi-Fi.
I have never experienced a more willing, helpful and friendly employee than Rob Novak. I talked to him over the phone and told him what I was looking at, what I could get all the electronics for on the internet and what the best offer from other stores were. He called me back 5 mins after our conversation for some follow up questions. He then called later on that night with a ballpark of what he could get it to me for. He undercut the other stores and was almost as cheap as the internet but was much more reliable. He helped me pick out a receiver. I was looking at a Denon 5800 but thanks to him, I took the B&K 307 (which I prefer the sound to).
Rob went out of his way to make sure that everything was perfect for my second descent into the HT realm. He called me on his day off just to let me know that he had everything in stock ready to go and if there was any change or any more ?'s. When I arrived at the store he showed me all of the equipment and even demoed some things I hadn't seen yet like my Panamax Max1000+ surge protector.
I spent hours upon hours on the Forum and visiting stores and reading websites. The attention and detail that Rob showed to my order was the best experience I have had with purchasing anything. He gave me such a spanking good deal on my equipment. You owe it to yourself to try to find the best deal online and get the amount and then go to Rob at the Beaverton Magnolia Hi-Fi. I could go on for pages but won't. He will work for you and will give you a great deal and will leave you with a smile on your face. Hope this helps someone.
~Nate
I wanted to share my experience and hope that someone will call and ask for Rob when trying to buy HT equipment. You won't be sorry. I am now his customer for life.

Seungsoo Hwang

Stunt Coordinator
I used to go in there all the time just to look at stuff, people in there were generally really friendly and helpful.

Joe Cole

Second Unit
Every time I visit beautiful Beaverton I take myself over to magnolia's hifi for a tour. They have really fixed up the store and added many things. It is there were I first heard the Krell HTS and martin Logan speakers. Both of which I own. Since I live 3k miles away I did not buy them there. But they were very helpful and friendly. Hopefully CC will keep their distance and only learn from them, not change them.
------------------
Joe C.
quote:Who's scruffy looking?
My biscuits are a burnin.

Gordon C Jr

Stunt Coordinator
When did Best Buys take them over.. I heard that rumor a few months back, but never saw it confirmed.. They have much better product lines then Best Buys, as I'm sure your aware.
Magnolia HiFi has also recently opened a couple of stores in Northern California (Santa Clara and Dublin) and I also find these stores more than helpful and pleasant to work with. :)

Gordon C Jr

Stunt Coordinator
Magnolia recently open a coouple stores in Bay Area also and I have found their service/sales better than the norm also.. (One in Santa Clara and Dublin)

Gordon C Jr

Stunt Coordinator
Oops! I guess I posted twice...
blush.gif
I'm just trying to get more posts up, so everyone will take this newbie more seriously
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread