What's new

Attn: Upgrade for Pioneer DV-09 !! (1 Viewer)

Gary SI

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Folks,
There is an upgrade for the DV-09 , and I just had it installed.
The upgrade is a "chip" (IC) Pioneer part # Y V W 1932.
Rev. 8/02.
Before I had the upgrade , the menu on the dvd "Stargate" was nothing but triangles , now I can see the menu !!
But wait , thats not all , overall "menu" performance seems to be improved.
Before upgrade , going from one part of a menu screen to another the picture would "shrink" and then go to the next part. Not anymore , thats is fixed as well.
As far as the "chroma" issue , I never noticed it ( I have a Sony KV32XBR200 ) .So can`t say for sure if that issue is fixed.
I tried "Monsters Inc." (real quick) - on wide screen and did not "lock-up" at layer change.
I think that any one owning a DV-09 the upgrade is worth the time and money.
The part cost $38.00 plus s/h ( your area ? ).
Of course this is not a user installable chip (even though soldering is not required).
From what my tech was telling me just about the whole unit needs to be disassembled , to get to the chip location. (underside of main board)
So there it is, my review of Pioneer`s DV-09 upgrade :emoji_thumbsup:
Good luck , and happy viewing :)
Gary ;)
PS: The upgrade will not help the dvd , The Two Towers, at Chpt.51 , I was hopping but no luck there , still intermittent pixelization :angry:
Has to be a software issue had entire unit check as well as the upgrade.

Frank joe

Stunt Coordinator
hi, do you have the chroma issue? ( what is that anyway) also i called pioneer and they know nothing about a chroma issue. also how did you hear about the up grade??? frank

Gary SI

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Frank,
I have a Sony 32" XBR-200 , so I have not noticed the "chorma issue" .
I think that maybe if your using a large rear projection tv you may notice it but again I`m not sure.
I found out about the upgrade by calling Pioneer and asking them if there was an upgrade and they said there was , but they were hesitaint to come out and say so. I was put on hold at there parts ex. and by luck , a very nice lady picked up the phone and said "yes it is a firmware upgrade and gave me a part # and price :emoji_thumbsup:
Even though (as you`ve read ) you need to have a tech do the work and where it`s used have the tech give it a "once-over" just to make sure every thing is A-OK.
If you can buy the part yourself , you might save some time and money. But before you order the part make sure that you have a good tech standing by willing and able to work on the DV-09.
If the unit is mint , you`ll want to keep it that way. IMO the player looks great even when it`s not running !! LOL
Anyway best of luck and if you have any more questions about the player , post and I`ll do the best I can to help.
Gary ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks