ATTN Retail XB Live pre-orderers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Kleist, Nov 14, 2002.

1. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

My friend manages an EB, and from the way he was talking many stores did not even get enough kits to cover their pre-orders, so get there early!

2. Rusty Ray

Rusty Ray Second Unit

i've heard the same thing over here too... thank god i preordered..

3. Frederick

Frederick Second Unit

GameStop called me yesterday and said that mine will be there Friday morning. I plan on being there shortly after they open, and leave work early [​IMG] .
    Freddy C

4. Rusty Ray

Rusty Ray Second Unit

i have off... [​IMG]

5. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

That's why I'm glad I live within 30 minutes of 2 Walmarts, 3 Targets, a Circuit City and a Best Buy. Never a need to preorder.

6. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

The EB I work at got 16. 10 were pre-ordered. We were told a few days ago to stop taking pre-orders, I guess so that we have enough to cover what orders we already have.

If MS goes through with their threat, the stores that broke street date won't get any more kits for the rest of the year. Hopefully they won't become as hard to come by as the PS2 network adapters. That would just be stupid on MS's part.

7. Dave E H

Dave E H Supporting Actor

I doubt this is going to be hard to get. This is the most important thing to happen to the Xbox since launch. All of the industry - and shareholders - will be watching to see how fast MS can sign people up.

If there's a shortage (more than just a couple of days while stores restock,) I'll be really surprised. It's just a freaking headset, adapter unit and a DVD - you and turn those out in the millions w/o a problem. It's not like producing a console.

If MS gets a million subscribers, that would just be a huge freaking hit. I really doubt they will - as much as I doubt that they can't produce enough units for the holiday season.

I'd argue that it's nothing like the Sony network adapter - that's a more difficult and specialized piece of hardware.

8. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

Still, we only got 16. Unless we get some more tomorrow, we'll be out by tomorrow afternoon and probably won't get any restock until next week.

9. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

I went to a local EB today at lunch to try to get XBox Live. They only had enough to cover preorders. I walked about 50 feet to Babbages in the same mall and they had it. It definitely wasn't hard to find. I imagine that Best Buy will have lots of copies.

10. Brett G

Brett G Stunt Coordinator

I just got back from Best Buy where they had a table set up specifically for XBL and not only still had at least 20 kits available but also had CAT5 cables and several copies of MechAssault. I've been very impressed with BB this week with this and FOTR/AOTC.

11. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

Poor me...I still have not run thr Cat5 to my living room...so I will be waiting a while for my XBL experience...[​IMG]