What's new

Attn: Radiohead fans (1 Viewer)

Derek J

Grip
Ever since I went to see them at The Hollywood Bowl a couple of weeks ago which I must say was one of the most incrdible concerts I have ever been to I have been on a big Radiohead kick ever since. I've been listening to OK Computer over and over and I am convinced that it IS one of the greatest albums of all time. I was wondering if any of you know if they are planning on releasing a concert DVD in the future? That would be so awesome especially if it sounded as good as The Eagles Hell Freezes Over or The Santana Supernatural DVD. Have any of you heard anything?

John DeLuca

Stunt Coordinator
They do have a DVD right now called "Meeting People is Easy." It's from the OK Computer tour and shows stage performances and backstage footage and interviews. It's a cool DVD and it has both DD and DTS soundtracks on it.

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
Radiohead also does 3 songs on the Paris Concert For Amnesty International, and that has some pretty nice DTS and DD.

David Judah

Screenwriter
Meeting People Is Easy is a great documentary DVD with some concert footage thrown in, but they really do need to release a full concert DVD.
I was amazed by their set on the Amnesty International disc. They sounded very good live, which is difficult for some bands to achieve.
Lets keep our fingers crossed.
DJ

JimBarrese

Stunt Coordinator
I can't find the details off hand, but I remember on one of the earlier dates of the first leg of the bands recent US tour (Washington state I believe) the band commented that they were doing some recording for an eventual DVD release. Not much info was given and that was the first and last time I heard anything about it. I expected to hear about more taping on the future shows but nothing ever surfaced and now that the US tour is completed I don't know if any more taping was done and if there are still plans to release a DVD. Would be nice though.
------------------

Brett G

Stunt Coordinator
I sat front row for Radiohead during the OK Computer tour at the Wiltern Theater in Los Angeles. One of the best concerts I've ever been to (and probably will ever - come on, front row?). Any sort of DVD concert release would be preordered by me the instant it was announced.
Here's to hoping it will be 1.85 and anamorphic (looks so nice on my 16:9 set).
-Brett

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Concerts/shmoncerts. What I want is a DVD version of 7 TV commercials (with the 7 or so other missing videos as extra value) as my VHS is looking ragged.
Live stuff is okay but Radiohead's music videos are among the best in the world and they deserve to be seen at the best quality possible. Anamorphic Just would be really cool! :)
I guess, however, that it would also be nice to upgrade my copy of the Astoria Live video as that's a fantastic performance and they're totally unlike that now - more early gigs would be good to give an idea of where they've come from.
Theo

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Some sort of new live release, either CD or DVD would be really appreciated, as anyone who has seen them recently can attest to how different Kid A and Amnesiac sound in their live versions. I was in Oxford's South Park for their recent UK gig, and it was so stunning I proposed to my girlfriend!
p.s. this probably should be in the Music Area, where its more likely to get a good response. I'll see which mods are online for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks