Attn: Pioneer VSX-D812K Owners

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Derek H, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Derek H

Derek H Agent

I just have a question on how did you find the usage of the MANUAL MCACC on the Pioneer VSX-D812K? The reason why I ask is by looking a the Specs between the VSX-D812K and VSX-D912K is just the Manual MCACC and a Learning remote (not very important to me since I dont run many other components). Is the Auto MCACC with the mic worth the extra $$$$??

2. Bhavesh

Bhavesh Stunt Coordinator

Derek,
    my 812 came with a learning remote, but thats only for the UK model.
    You still need to go into the detailed setup and input speaker distances and adjust channel levels with the manual MCACC to get the best out of your purchase.

I think the 912 uses better DSP chips and has got slightly more power.

3. Derek H

Derek H Agent

how did you find the calibration? was the manual MCACC useful?

4. Bhavesh

Bhavesh Stunt Coordinator

Well its my first amp, so I have nothing to compare to. But I don't think the manual MCACC is any different from the normal amp setup and it doesn't include speaker distances, which you have to do through the other menus. For a better idea get the owner's manual off the pioneer uk website.
    I have read that the auto setup on the 912 does sometimes get speaker sizes wrong - so that isn't the be-all-and-end-all either (see the August 2003 review on the WHAT VIDEO WIDESCREEN ENTERTAINMENT site).

5. LarryGS

LarryGS Auditioning

I have a VSX-D812K and love it. I found setup very easy, but I didn't use MCACC. My living room has very unconventionall seating with virtually no "sweet spot" so I used a sound pressure meter and adjusted the various channels manually.

Anyway, the VSX-D812 is a superb receiver. You won't go wrong with either one.

6. Harold Wazzu

Harold Wazzu Supporting Actor

I have a 912 and even though I have auto mcacc I have went through a manually set it up before and it's not that hard at all.