ATTN: Marantz SR5000 owners

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff_Ace, Jan 16, 2002.

1. Jeff_Ace

Jeff_Ace Extra

I have almost completed my first HT set-up. I bought the Marantz SR5000 from ac4l.com for $320 to the door. I finally purchased the speakers to go with it, Paradigm Titans (front), CC-170, Atoms (rear), and the Sony SA-WM40 (sub). I am very pleased with the sound so far. I have not been able to find out much info on the sr5000, the manual is not very informative and searching the web has brought no solace. I have a few questions about the receiver: does it have on-screen-display? The remote has an OSD button; however, I believe this remote is used for other models. What is the cross over for speakers set to large/small? Is the use of a second amp run off the front preouts the only way to have a second set of speakers for stereo? Well, I probably had more questions, but I can't remember.

Thanx, Jeff

2. Jeff_Ace

Jeff_Ace Extra

So, I guess no-one has this receiver???

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    x-over is 100Hz, just like the current x200 line. I have no idea about the OSD. If you use the preamp outs, you will probably not be able to run them at the same time, if that is what you are interested in doing, as you will direct all of the signal to the pre-outs, most likely.