What's new

ATTN DreamWorks! A property that needs your rescuing! (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
A Discussion broke out on rec.arts.animation, that somehow turned breifly to the live action Inspector Gadget movie. We can pretty much agree that the only thing that movie did right, was bring in Don Addams to do a VO towards the end.
But, I wrote in a reply, stating, why do all toons have to be brought to the big screen in live action rip offs? Why not introduce kids to the original material instead?
So, I offered a suggestion. With Dreamworks Disney Connections, why can't they do a CGI Inspector Gadget Movie, that stays very true to the original cartoon in look and feel, and gets all of the original Voice Actor Talent to return? I bet that it would do just as well as the live action version did, if not better....
Just in case someone from Dreamworks reads this, might not be a bad suggestion if there are Inspector Gadget fans on the staff :). What does everyone else here think?

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Dreamworks Pictures has its own CGI film production company, PDI, that is in direct competition with Walt Disney Films' CGI company, Pixar Entertainment.

The chances of Dreamworks teaming up with Disney are slim and none. With none being the better bet since someone(the K in SKG) had a falling out with Michael Eisner.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Hmm, Shoot(for use of a better word), your right. I don't know why, but I seem to be getting my facts mucked up more than usual latley...

Either way, it would be neat if Dreamworks could produce a CGI Gadget. I'd think that they could do it justice...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks