What's new

ATTN Digital Bits Staffers, a question.. (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Are these new takeover adds on the site experimental, or permanent? Thankfully, I have a cable modem here, or else some of the longer loading adds could be a real pain in the neck to try and avoid.

I find that when adds start to take over a site in an annoying fashion, alla planetgamecube.com s dragon add that flew across the screen, I start to go elsewhere for my information, and I really hope this isn't the case with the bits. I don't mind the page based adds, those are easilly avoidable and can even be usefull at times, but when you start to have adds that cover the screen your trying to read, like the Lord of the Rings add, or get taken to a takeover page only add when trying to click on a link, it starts to get a bit annoying.

Thakns for filling me in with any info!

Bill Hunt

Insider
We're trying to work out the problem. The new advertising is going to continue, because unfortunately it's the only way to pay the operating costs of the site - bandwidth and server space costs money, and online advertising is really the only way to pay the fees, short of charging people to access the site, which we don't want to do.

There are a couple of bugs, however, that we're trying to get worked out. We are definitely aware of the problem and we're working on it.

Thanks for you patience!

Doug:Li

Stunt Coordinator
Bill,
One of the Bugs I've noticed, that frustrates the hell outta me, When you get taken to the LOTR TTT ad ,is the SKIP THIS AD link, when you press it, it does absolutely NOTHING. Why have it then? I have to click , SEE THIS AD LATER, and a new window opens up. Really, really maddening to put up with.:frowning:
Otherwise I love the Bits. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks