Attn Crap Code (red dot) studios:

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Paul W, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Paul W

Paul W Second Unit

My days of watching movies in the theaters is over. I will not spend another dollar to see flashing red dots totally take me out of the movie experience.

I don't know whose lame brain idea it was to place the dots in the middle of the screen, but I'm sure it could have been done without the levels of distraction currently witnessed by me this past week.

I hope you succeed in catching every movie pirate (who deserves what they get), even if you don't have any paying customers left afterwards.

2. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

I must be "immune" to this as I 've never noticed this,though I've heard about it.

3. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    I saw it on "The School of Rock" and "Elf," and it ain't pretty. My moviegoing days, bearin an upsurge in the number of revival houses, are numbered.

4. CharlesD

CharlesD Screenwriter

I saw these in "Master And Commander" and it was VERY distracting and detracted from both the movie itself and from the theater-goinging experience. I find my self seeing movies in the theater less and less for various reasons. These distracting dots are yet one more reason not to to spend my money in the theater.

5. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    Agreed, to a lesser extent. While I rarely attend the theater (poor quality and rude patrons have slowly driven me away), this latest, extremely distracting practice is completely unacceptable.

6. Bill J

Bill J Producer

If this continues my number of trips to the theater will definitely be reduced. It is unacceptable especially after paying $9.00 for a ticket.

7. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    It's like randomly distorting the sound at a rock concert, just to thwart bootleggers. It's just not a good idea, to mess with the people who ACTUALLY pay to see your product, because it's turning them off. It's hard enough to find a good projectionist and theater who doesn't ruin prints due to incompetence, I don't want the STUDIOS and DISTRIBUTORS doing it too.

8. Nigel McN

Nigel McN Supporting Actor

Yes the first film I have noticed it on here in NZ is Kill Bill, I will be dreading Return of the King, and will definately be complaining if I see them there.

9. Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman Cinematographer

This must stop NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan

10. Jin E

Jin E Second Unit

These are worse then those stupid anti Piracy commercials they play before the movie IN THE MOVIE THEATER IN FRONT OF PAYING CUSTOMERS WHO HAVE OBVIOUSLY PAID TO SEE THE MOVIE. I don't have a problem with the concept of what they are trying to do, just the excicution. How hard would it have been to place a marker in the watermark that signifies a reel change, or at least make it similar and non-distracting off in the corner of the screen so it cannot be seen or noticed unless looked for? Take Elf for example. The marks were placed in the middle of the screen on top of a character wearing a white outfit, making it obvious to even my unattentive girlfriend whom NEVER notices this sort of thing. IMHO it destroys the movie experience, and punishes the people actually paying to see the movie. It's gotten to the point now that I hardly ever go to the movies any more. Just 5-6 years ago I'd see 3-4 movies a month in the theaters. The past year I may have gone to see 5-6 movies in the theater all year... and I do not see those numbers increasing with the anti-paying customer approach that the movie industry had taken in fighting piracy.

11. Jaxon's Dad

Jaxon's Dad Supporting Actor

Doug