What's new

Attn: Audiophile Know-it-alls! Pioneer Elite VSX-99? (1 Viewer)

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
IS this a test??? I'd say it is pretty and it is old, I think that would be pretty old.
If you have a LD player with AC-3 output by RF coax you are in buisness. If you look hard enough on Google you will find it, remember Urshi (or something like that) finish, do they still call it that.
I think it is 110x2 stereo or 100 across the front and 100 across the rear, Pretty End Panels make it too wide for most racks, but who uses racks?

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
I have a friend that has one. It's very good looking and fits in his standard cabinet. He has had if for at least 5 years and has worked flawless
The sound is on the bright side if you ask me. He is using it to drive some floor standing Boston Acoustics. It seems to handle everything, but like I said it is fatiguing to me. I had the VSX97 which came out the year before and it blows his away in features and is alot less harsh sounding. In some of the reviews I have read on the 99, they also say it is on the thin sounding side.
You might wanna look for it on Ebay I've seen a couple.
That's just a for what it's worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks