What's new

ATTN: All those with cheap speakers... (1 Viewer)

Eric Eash

Second Unit
i just did an amazing mod to my cheap speakers that will defineately last me until i get my axioms in the next few months. i took apart my pioneer speakers to find that there was no absorbtion material of any type inside. so i lined the walls with acoustic eggcrate foam from partsexpress that i had lying around from my diy sub, and the speakers got clearer and the bass became a lot tighter with a little more extension. cost me under $10 including spray adhesive. something to check out if your speakers are lacking as mine are.

eric

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
I find it kind of sad when a speaker manufacturer has to save costs by eliminating the polyfill which probably runs them 50 cents per speaker. But, in the end, it's all about saving costs, I guess. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

However, you've suggested a good point. Lots of people out there with mediocre speakers might get a good "boost" by installing some polyfill or sound material and buy some more time before they are forced to upgraded to better components.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks