What's new

Attention Yamaha RX-Z1 owners!!! (2 Viewers)

J.C. Hall

Grip
I'm not sure this is the best place to post this but I'll try it anyway. I am really interested in what people have to say about the RX-Z1. I know that the Z9 is coming but really can't afford to step up to it with my new house and all the things that come with owning one. I currently have a B&K Reference 50 and am looking to go to a all in one box to simplify use for the significant other. I know that most people here are going to tell I am nuts but hey I like to try new things and I already have a potential buyer for my amps. So if anyone has any comments on the Z1 or would like to trade the B&K for your Z1 and step into the seprates world post here or you can E-mail me. Thanks in advance.

J.C. Hall
[email protected]

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I’ve had two of Yamaha’s older flagship models, and thought they were fabulous. I doubt you’ll find anyone with a Z1 will have much of anything bad to say about it. :)

You might check out the reviews on the Z1 at audioreview.com.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

DonnyD

Screenwriter
I too am looking at a Z1 since they can be bought at a good price now. I currently have a V1 which has been a cherished part of my Ht for 2 years now and very worthy of all praise. I've used mine as a prepro and as a stand alone adn it excels regardless what it is called on to do.
And, you definitely won't have to worry about someone moving it around much. These big Yams are tanks!

Gene DellaSala

Auditioning
Your not crazy to upgrade to a receiver from separates. Many entry level separates don't live up to the performance of todays Flagship receivers. The B&K equipment is nice, but I can see the appeal to having a one box solution, particularly a good one from the likes of Yamaha or Denon to say the least.

We did a very detailed analysis of the Yamaha RX-Z1 and Denon AVR-5803 you may be interested it. The Z9 is a step up in both performance and price to the Z1, thus you should consider if the price difference is justified by the added features and performance for your application.

The RX-Z1 is a nice piece but its 90Hz global crossover can present a challenge to those who mate it with large bass capable main speakers.

Javi

Grip
I dont understand how the cross-over would hurt with large speakers? It would seem to be more of a problem to people with bookshelf speakers or sat. set ups. What is the problem that you have found using large speakers with this receiver? I have the RX-Z1 and also have large main speakers with my set up. I have my mains set to both in the menu this lets the lows mix with sub and the mains, at least that is what they say in my manual. If anyone has any more info on this that would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks