What's new

Attention SVS CS/PC owners (pre-2002): Some Good News - A possible Upgrade Option (1 Viewer)

ThuanVu

Stunt Coordinator
Just order mine too :)
Just a thought:
CS+ cost $649
CS cost $519
The difference is $130
My old CS with $129 uprade still not as same class as CS+
$^%$#$#
:)
Thuan

Dave Vaughn

Stunt Coordinator
Just placed my order now. Now I have to wait a whole month!! At least it is one month closer to Star Wars: AOTC

Vin

Supporting Actor
Just a thought:

CS+ cost $649

CS cost $519

The difference is $130

My old CS with $129 uprade still not as same class as CS+

$^%$#$#

Well, for anyone who hasn't purchased an SVS yet (like myself) I think most people would opt for the +. But for those who already have a CS (like yourself) rather than have to find a buyer for your present sub (and consider how much of a loss you'd have to take) and then buy the +, I think having the option to upgrade your CS to a CSi for $79 after rebate is an unbelievable offer.

Just my $0.02 worth,

Vin

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
Just ordered mine! I almost missed this thread because I haven't been in this area lately. Now I can rattle my windows even MORE!

ThuanVu

Stunt Coordinator
Vin,
The cost should be $89 after rebate, may be more since it cost you ~$10 to send it back to get $40 rebate :)
BTW: I'll keep the old driver, just for a rainy day.
With the spare one, I'm not worry to push it to its limit :)
Thuan

Mike Lindsey

Auditioning
I just ordered mine as well and decided to upgrade to the BetterCables speaker wire at the same time. Can't wait to hear what this is gonna sound like...

Mike

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Mine's ordered and I am looking forward to being able see how much of a difference there is when it arrives!
}} Perhaps I'll need to head over to Jerry's for another shootout after the upgrade has been done. ;)

Ed_A

Stunt Coordinator
I'm really interested in this upgrade, but I have a second hand B-Stock 25-31PC...the owner bought it as B-Stock in August of 2001, and I just picked it up two weeks ago.

Could I still take advantage of this upgrade...or is it only for SVS owners who actually bought their sub from SVS direct? Does having a B-Stock make a difference? (i.e. only brand new sub purchases are eligible?)

Thanks,

Ed

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Alas I need to stop doing this!
I saw RAF's Sig someplace and was on his website as I like to visit there often to see what's new :) I stumbled onto the PCi and 950. I think that PCi upgrade sounds neat, I wonder if they'll over it to us other SVS lovers... Low and behold I discover that MASSIVE 950 thread yesterday, and just today I see this thread. Hmm must be a sign I'm keeping busy at work and less time to read HTF :frowning:
Anyway time to go order one, DIY Upgrade sounds wickedly easy... I've built hundred's of computers in my life (used to work for a computer store eon's ago, and now it just a hobby) so this sounds easy ;)
Brian

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Ed,anyone with a SVS can jump in. BUT,if you aren't in our database we'll ask you who you purchased the SV(s) from to verify everything is on the *up and up*:)
So,you (and anyone else in this situation)can save us some time by emailing us your model,seriel #,and original owner right after you purchase the new driver.
TV

Ed_A

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for that fast reply Tom!
I did exactly that right after I got the sub couple of weeks ago...so I should be in your database. :emoji_thumbsup:
Sure feels good to be an SVS customer! :D
Thanks,
Ed

Jay Matre

Auditioning
Boy, I check out HTF for the first time in a couple of months and I'm rewarded with great news! I just ordered mine and it was an easy sell to the executive branch... her only complaint about it was that it would bottom out when I demoed Toy Story 2 a little too boisterously.
TV, I was wondering if you found those TS parameters. I think this is a perfect opportunity to try out a DIY enclosure with the old driver, but I don't have enough time or money to try out a lot of boxes.
So much for being happily satisfied with my Home theater ;)

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Jay said:
Brian,
WARNING! Visiting my website can be hazardous to your wallet.
:laugh:
Thanks for visiting. Glad the site kept you informed.

Robert G

Stunt Coordinator
I could not resist. My twin 20-39 CS's are more than enough for my small room, but hey for $180 (after rebate) why not make them better.
O.K., once again looking for brown truck with drool hanging from corners of mouth.:D
By the way SVS guys:
a) Thanks for this opportunity. I really feel like I purchased a great product from some great folks.
b) My address has changed since my original purchase. Will this cause any problems?

Order placed... Screw driver ready... I'm really interested to see if this will help my performance. Of course I already know most of my issues are room acoustics and sub location. Since I have to disconnect and move the sub anyway... my fiance is letting me move it to a more desirable location. :) Just had to promise to be thoughtfull of our neighbors... ;) I'm guessing the new location will be at the common wall of the townhome.

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
WARNING! Visiting my website can be hazardous to your wallet.
Hehe, just visiting this forum is hazardous to my wallet. Is it sad that on of my criteria while house hunting is space I can convert or add a home theater.... Too many toys... good thing I'm "young". :)
But seriously, if anyone wants to see a ton of pics on adding onto a house and building a HT check out RAF's site. Just try and hold back the drool when you see his Media shelves full of goodies :laugh: and I thought 350 were a lot.....
Back to the SVS, I've found that the end of Fight Club is one of my favorite bass scenes to show people, only problem is that the material is a bit graphic. Toy Story 2 is my other favorite (between the THX intro and Buzz vs Zog). Is there anything out there I really should have to help show myself why I am getting this upgrade ;)
Brian
P.S. 100 Posts!!!!!!! Took me 2.5 years to get to 100 posts but maybe I just don't have that much to say :)

Jon D

Stunt Coordinator
Try the THX intro for TPM. Ouch.
Ron and Tom, I have to shake my head at your sense of timing. I just bought a 16-46 PC that drained my college wallet, and now you have to do this!!!!! Oh, the world is such a cruel place.:D Of course if my tax refund comes in on time, I will purchase the upgrade and all will be forgiven.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks