What's new

ATTENTION RACING FANS! Extreme G3 for PS2 is off the hook! (1 Viewer)

Jerry Gracia

Supporting Actor
I bought Extreme G3 yesterday and this game absolutly ROCKS! Beautiful sharp graphics that move at a smooth frame rate and pumpin' techno music. Forget the past versions on N64...this one is like a totally different game altogether.
Oh my...in one level, its raining and you see rain drops on the camera! That is a very cool effect!
The game features 10 great tracks to race on with arcade and career modes. The controls are dead on acurate as well.
This was a great addition my PS2 library.
I highly recommend Extreme G3 to racing fans, this one is not to be missed, go buy it now!
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
(out of 4)
------------------
LuvLBX

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
How are the wipeout animations - if there are any?
How intense is the sense of speed?
------------------
Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Whoa! "WipEout" with motorcycles! Count me in!
icon14.gif

------------------
"If we blow up, whatever's left of me is kickin' your butt."

Jerry Gracia

Supporting Actor
The game doesn't have any wipeout animations as far as I can tell. Its pretty much impossible to wreck. The explosion effects are cool when an opponent blows you up or vice versa. The weapon effects are really nice too!
The frame rate is said to be 60 frames per second which is very fast. Other games that feature 60 fps are:
Gran Tursimo 3
Rumble Racing
...just to give a couple examples.
------------------
LuvLBX
[Edited last by Jerry Gracia on August 23, 2001 at 01:26 PM]
[Edited last by Jerry Gracia on August 23, 2001 at 01:26 PM]

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Thanks for the answers Jerry.
Let me reask the speed question - do you feel like you are going 700+ mph?
------------------

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Just bought the game today & haven't played it yet, nice to hear that it rocks. :) I'm a big fan of the series and I knew that it would be great but at the same time knew wouldn't get over a 9.0 from IGN. I feel the same way with the Turok series; they just don't seem to like Acclaim as much as me and a few others.
As for XG, I just love how the bikes sounded in the previous versions. Gave a very futuristic feel to the game. And the sense of speed was simply amazing, nothing was comparable to it imo. I was surpirsed as to why it never received excellent ratings from the reviewers.
confused.gif

Ok I'm off to play it!

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Well I picked this game up and it is alot like Wipeout.
The sensation of speed is very good - at times it's hard to keep track of yourself!
The graphics are OK - one must assume the emphasis on design was for frame speed.
Major plus - one can hop in and do a quick race or two in a short time period.
Game is fast and fun.
------------------

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
It seems like a pretty short game though. After getting through the first set of levels, it just repeats them at a higher speed & difficulty.
Also, it's a lot like Wip3out, but there are no extreme hairpin turns like the Wip3out series. The turns are much more of a gradual shift - no power sliding... Much less combat as well. The weapons seem pretty ineffectual, so it's much more of a race than the sometimes rough-n-tumble Wip3out races.
I love the tracks. It's fun getting to the next track just to see what cool twists will be coming up. :)
An enjoyable game, but I'd rent first.
-Dave
------------------
DVD List

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks