What's new

Attention Outlaw ICBM Owners..a question? (1 Viewer)

Mike Sloan

Second Unit
I understand that the recombine switch returns the bass directed to the sub back to the Front L/R speakers. With the recombine "on" I also notice that the LFE is also re-directed to the Front L/R speakers. Now here is where it gets weird: With the Spyro Gyro SACD and a few others it seems that the LFE contains "full-range" information and enabling the recombine switch, not only increases the bass, but increases the level of vocals, trumpets, and higher frequency info that normally is not associated with the LFE. Could I be picking up height channel info or non standard LFE stuff? It's happened a lot with Telarc label SACD's! Please explain.

Thanks
Mike Sloan

Ed Cherry

Auditioning
Mike ... I had not noticed that but will give it a listen. That SACD from SG is terrfic. Haven't played much with the recombine function as my mains are not that stout. The ICBM is a great product and has truly made SACD & DVD-A a pleasure to listen to.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.