Attention Everly Brothers Fans / Roots Rock Fans!

Discussion in 'Music' started by John Watson, Jul 29, 2004.

1. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

There's a petition underway to encourage Rhino records to release the rest of the mid 60's Everly Brother albums that were to have been released on cd a couple of years ago.

For those who have only heard of Bye Bye Love, All I Have To Do Is Dream, or Cathie's Clown, you might be interested to know that the Everly Brothers fame stems from bringing a country harmony strain to Rock and Roll, and that they strongly influenced the British groups who made up the British Invasion. For example, a couple of lads named McCartney and Lennon once called themselves the Foreverly Brothers.

What the casual listener also doesn't know is that the brothers recorded about a dozen or so albums for Warners in the 1960s. Four of them were issued on cd 3 years ago, but another 3 cds have been on hold for a considerable time.

Basically, there have been hints on the internet that these albums will be at long last be released, if there is a sense that there is still interest in them. If you feel you might be interested in these "Hidden Gems", please join the petition available the following URL.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~ebi/petition/petition2.htm

Thanks for your consideration

2. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

John,
    I hope this has a positive effect John. Roots from 1968 certainly should be made available.
    Pass the Chickin and Listen from 1973 is in print and has several cuts that I love:
    1 Lay It Down -Thomas
    2 Husbands and Wives -Miller
    3 Woman Don't You Try to Tie Me Down -Allen
    4 Sweet Memories -Newbury
    5 Ladies Love Outlaws -Clayton
    6 Not Fade Away -Hardin, Holly, Petty
    7 Watchin' It Go -Thomas
    8 Paradise -Prine
    9 Somebody Nobody Knows -Kristofferson
    10 Good Hearted Woman -Jennings, Nelson
    11 A Nickel for the Fiddler -Clark
    12 Rocky Top

3. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

Agreed, Pass the Chicken is an excellent album!

I think Roots is still available on cd?

But there are about 8 more albums from the mid 60's that have never seen a cd release.

Thanks for the support!