What's new

Attention Everly Brothers Fans / Roots Rock Fans! (1 Viewer)

John Watson

Screenwriter
There's a petition underway to encourage Rhino records to release the rest of the mid 60's Everly Brother albums that were to have been released on cd a couple of years ago.

For those who have only heard of Bye Bye Love, All I Have To Do Is Dream, or Cathie's Clown, you might be interested to know that the Everly Brothers fame stems from bringing a country harmony strain to Rock and Roll, and that they strongly influenced the British groups who made up the British Invasion. For example, a couple of lads named McCartney and Lennon once called themselves the Foreverly Brothers.

What the casual listener also doesn't know is that the brothers recorded about a dozen or so albums for Warners in the 1960s. Four of them were issued on cd 3 years ago, but another 3 cds have been on hold for a considerable time.

Basically, there have been hints on the internet that these albums will be at long last be released, if there is a sense that there is still interest in them. If you feel you might be interested in these "Hidden Gems", please join the petition available the following URL.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~ebi/petition/petition2.htm

Thanks for your consideration

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
John,
I hope this has a positive effect John. Roots from 1968 certainly should be made available.
Pass the Chickin and Listen from 1973 is in print and has several cuts that I love:
1 Lay It Down -Thomas
2 Husbands and Wives -Miller
3 Woman Don't You Try to Tie Me Down -Allen
4 Sweet Memories -Newbury
5 Ladies Love Outlaws -Clayton
6 Not Fade Away -Hardin, Holly, Petty
7 Watchin' It Go -Thomas
8 Paradise -Prine
9 Somebody Nobody Knows -Kristofferson
10 Good Hearted Woman -Jennings, Nelson
11 A Nickel for the Fiddler -Clark
12 Rocky Top

John Watson

Screenwriter
Agreed, Pass the Chicken is an excellent album!

I think Roots is still available on cd?

But there are about 8 more albums from the mid 60's that have never seen a cd release.

Thanks for the support!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks